NOTICE: You are viewing a page of the openwetware
wiki. Our "dewikify" feature makes a wiki page appear as a normal web page. In April 2017, this feature will GO AWAY and this URL will redirect to the source URL on our wiki. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
University of California Davis
1 Shields Avenue
Davis, CA, USA
I am a postdoctoral researcher in Julin Maloof's lab where I am learning about tomato genetics. I am working on a project grounded in the tomato shade avoidance response and also involving the relationship and differences between domesticated varieties and wild species of tomato.
- 2011 Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Plant Genetics from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Advisor: Patrick J. Krysan.
- 2004 B.A. in Biology from Macalester College, St. Paul, MN. Advisor: Paul J. Overvoorde.
- Palmer CM, Bush SM, Maloof JN. Phenotypic and developmental plasticity in plants. In: eLS. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester. (in press)
- Su S, Clark KA, Gibbs NM, Bush SM, Krysan PJ (2011) Ice-Cap: A Method for Growing Arabidopsis and Tomato Plants in 96-well Plates for High-Throughput Genotyping. Journal of Visual Experiments 57: e3280, DOI: 10.3791/3280.
- Bush SM, Krysan PJ (2010) iTILLING: A personalized approach to the identification of mutations in specialized genetic backgrounds. Plant Physiology 154: 25-35.
- Bush SM, Krysan PJ (2007) Mutational evidence that the Arabidopsis MAP kinase MPK6 is involved in anther, inflorescence, and embryo development. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 2181-2191.